Maine Certificate of Good Standing – Certificate of Existence
We can provide a Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Existence for any registered Maine Corporation or LLC registered with the Division of Corporations at the Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions. The Certificate of Good Standing confirms that the Maine company exists and is in compliance with all Maine State requirements.
All corporations must file an annual report with the Office of the Secretary of State by June 1st of each year in order to retain their Good Standing status to do business in Maine. The annual report provides the Division of Corporations with information on the corporation’s current officers, directors, and the registered office addresses.
Division of Corporations
Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions
Julie Flynn, Deputy Secretary of State
101 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0101
Maine Certificate of Good Standing fees
- Certificate of Good Standing: US$155 – £120
- Company Search: US$90 – £68
- Expedite fee: US$60 – £45
Timescale to obtain a ME Certificate of Good Standing
- Standard: 2 days
- Expedited: same day
The Certificate includes the following:
- Registered Company Name
- Date of Incorporation
- Business Type – LLC or Corporation
- Company File Number
- State Seal of Maine
- The company is a duly qualified corporation under the laws of the State of Maine
- According to the provisions of the Constitution and Laws of Maine, the Department of the Secretary of State is the legal custodian of the Great Seal of the State of Maine
- The company is authorised to transact business in the State of Maine
- The Maine company has filed annual reports with the Secretary of State
- Certificate of Good Standing Authentication Code to validate
- That the company has not filed articles of dissolution, certificate of cancellation or similar documents
- The Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Fact is electronically signed, stamped and dated by the Maine Secretary of State under seal
Maine Certificate of Good Standing example
Company Not in Good Standing
All Maine corporations must file an annual report with the Office of the Secretary of State by June 1st of each year in order to retain their Good Standing to do business in Maine. The annual report provides information on the corporation’s current officers, directors, and addresses. When the annual report is not received by the filing deadline, there will be a late filing penalty and failure to pay the late filing penalty will result in the administrative dissolution or revocation of your Maine company.
Maine Company Restoration – Company Reinstatement
If your Maine company has been administratively dissolved, or has lost Good Standing, there are state penalties, fines, and other fees for non-compliance. We can reinstate your Maine company, restoring back into Good Standing.
Restoration / Reinstatement fee
Reinstatement fee for an administratively dissolved Maine Corporation or LLC – US$150 annual report penalty up to a cap of US$600 plus filing and payment for the current years annual report. No registered agent penalty is US$150 plus $35 to file current agent form.
Order a Maine Certificate of Good Standing
When your order is placed for a Maine Certificate of Good Standing, we check the status of the company with the Division of Corporations. Once the document has been prepared by the Maine Secretary of State we get a scanned copy emailed through.