Company Registry – UK Company Documents
UK Company Document examples
As company incorporation agents our experience with the UK Companies House means we can obtain company reports, certified copies of official documents held by the registry on any registered company.
We can provide UK certified company documents, where Companies House stamps the document to verify its authenticity.
Certified company documents from the UK registry can be Apostilled, this legalises the registry company document to confirm that the UK public official’s signature on the document is genuine. This authenticates the documents for use in overseas countries.
UK Company Document fees
- Company Search Report: £68
- Director’s Report & Accounts – by email £46
- Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified: £180
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled: £350
- Certificate of Incorporation Registry Certified: £180
- Certificate of Incorporation Apostilled: £350
- Memorandum of Association Registry Certified: £180
- Expedited fee: £60
The search report will be ordered from Companies House and delivered by email in 1 – 2 business days.
UK Company Search
UK companies are required to file information regarding their share capital, shareholders, directors and company accounts. A UK company report will also include the registration details of the company and confirmation of its existence.
The contents of a UK company search report include:
- Full company name
- Previous company names
- Company type – private limited company
- Date of Incorporation
- Company registration number
- Current Status Good Standing or Struck Off
- Nature of business – SIC code
- Number of charges – number of charges outstanding, satisfied or part satisfied
- Registered Office Address
- Share Capital – statement of share capital including class of shares, currency, number allotted shares, nominal share value
- Directors details – including name, date of birth, occupation, nationality, date appointed, service address, country resident in, number of appointments
- Company Secretary – including name, date of birth, nationality, date appointed, number of appointments
- Shareholder details – including name, shareholding – only available if the company has filed a confirmation statement (previously the annual return), the new confirmation statement only has the person with significant control included
- Key filing dates including accounting ref date, accounts made up to, next accounts due, last return made up to, date next return due, last shareholders list, last bulk shareholder list – if available
- Recent filing history – details of Companies House forms and the dates filed by the company
- Latest filed Directors’ Report and Accounts – contents includes: directors’ report, independent auditors’ report, profit and loss account, balance sheets, cash flow statement, notes on the cash flow statement and notes on the financial statements – if available
UK Certificate of Good Standing
We can supply a Certificate of Good Standing from Companies House certifying the UK Company has been in continuous, unbroken existence since its incorporation and that no action is currently being taken to strike the company off the register.
The UK Company’s confirmation statement (previously the annual return) and accounts must be filed and up to date with the registry, for the Certificate of Good Standing to be issued.
The following additional details can be included on a UK Certificate of Good Standing:
- Registered Office
- Company Secretary
The certificate is provided from Companies House with an official stamp and with the signature of an authorised officer.
Certificate of Incorporation
We can provide a registry certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation for a UK company.
The certificate confirms the date the UK company was incorporated and Companies House certify that in respect of the incorporation all requirements of the UK companies Act were satisfied.
The certified copy of the certificate of incorporation is a copy of the original certificate and signed by a Companies House official.
Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
We can supply certified copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association which are two statutory documents filed with Companies House when a company is incorporated in the UK. The Memorandum of Association include the company’s name, registered office, business activities and objects. The Articles of Association are the rules for the company’s internal affairs.
A UK Private company limited by shares, can adopt Model Articles, meeting the requirements of the Companies Act 2006. Model Articles are not available as a certified document from Companies House. Only where model articles with amendments or bespoke articles are filed by the UK company can they be ordered registry certified and apostilled.
Apostilled UK Company Documents
UK Company Documents need to first be Certified at Companies House to then be Apostilled at the UK Legalisation Department at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Documents we can provide Apostilled include:
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
Confirmation Statement (previously the Annual Return)
The Confirmation Statement is intended to serve the same purpose as the old annual return, it confirms that the company details are up to date on the UK public register and includes:
- The Company name, company type and number
- The principal business activities/ standard industrial classification (SIC code)
- Statement of Capital
- Trading status of shares and exemption from keeping a register of people with significant control
- Shareholder information is submitted on this form but, not included if you order a certified copy of the confirmation statement from Companies House
Certified IN01 Document
We can supply a certified copy of the IN01 application from when the UK company was incorporated. This document is certified by the registrar and includes details of the initial shareholders, initial directors, share capital and the person with significant control. This registry certified document can in addition be apostilled by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth office.
UK Director’s Report & Accounts
We can provide latest Director’s Report & Accounts for UK Registered Companies. Company accounts filed at the United Kingdom companies registry vary according to the classification of the company. All limited companies including dormant companies must file annual accounts at Companies House.
Generally company accounts filed with Companies House include: a profit and loss account, a balance sheet signed by a director on behalf of the board and the accounts must be accompanied by a directors’ report signed by a secretary or director.
The types of company accounts filed depends on factors:
- Micro-entities, Small and Dormant companies – The type of company files shorter simpler accounts
- Accounts must be filed even if the company has remained dormant and never traded
Small and medium-sized companies may file an abbreviated version of their prepared accounts with Companies House.