Customer Service

Hong Kong Company Formation

Hong Kong Company Formations

Request Quotation

Incorporation of a Hong Kong private limited company takes around 7 days and ready-made companies are immediately available.


Hong Kong Company Incorporation feesHong Kong Annual Compliance fees
Company Formation: £640Registered Office and Registered Agent: £600
Registered Office and Registered Agent: £600Company Secretary: £800
Government Registry fee: £212Statutory Returns and Licenses: £825
Business Registration Certificate: HKD 2250Significant Controller Register: £300
Company Secretary: £800Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance: £180
Compliance fee: £200

Hong Kong Company Formation Package

Our Hong Kong company formation package includes the following:

  • Search and reserving your proposed Company Name
  • Preparation and filing of the Company Registration forms
  • Preparation of Articles of Association for the company
  • A Notice to Business Registration Office (IRBR1)
  • Obtaining Business Registration Certificate from Inland Revenue
  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Company Secretary : who must be a Hong Kong resident
  • Appointment and filing of first directors
  • Minutes for first Board Meeting
  • 10 Share Certificates
  • 3 copies of The Memorandum and Articles of Association
  • All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
  • Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL

Hong Kong Incorporation Process

We organise the preparation of the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the Declaration of Compliance for your Hong Kong company. Then the following documents are filed with Companies Registry together with the appropriate fees for the application of the Certificate of Incorporation:

  • Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company
  • A Statutory Declaration of Compliance
  • Amount of Share Capital, both authorised and issued

We receive the Certificate of Incorporation from Companies Registry and then, file the following additional documents:

  • Notification of appointment of First Directors and Company Secretary
  • Letter of Appointment of First Directors
  • Consent to Act as Director
  • Notice confirming the Registered Office is filed

Company Name

Your proposed company name can be in either in English, Chinese or registered in both languages. Any name which gives the impression the company is connected to the Hong Kong government is strictly prohibited. The English company name must end with “Limited” in English or its equivalent in Chinese.

After confirmation of the availability of the your company name with the Companies Registry, we will prepare all the documents for incorporating your Hong Kong company.

Company Directors

Only one director is required for you Hong Kong company and there are no restrictions on nationality and there is no requirement for board meetings to be held in Hong Kong.


Only one shareholder is required and shareholder meetings do not have to take place in Hong Kong. Nominee shareholders are allowed and anonymity can be achieved by the use of our nominee shareholder service.

Hong Kong Resident Company Secretary

A Hong Kong company must have a Company Secretary who can either be an individual or a limited company. If the secretary is an individual, they must be a resident in Hong Kong. If the secretary is a company, then its registered office must be in Hong Kong.

Company Secretarial Services:

Transfer of subscriber shares to new shareholders
Prepare documents relating to appointment of first directors; company secretary, registered office, allotment of shares (if any)
Minutes for the first directors’ meeting
Minutes for opening bank accounts and certified by CPA if required
Business registration certificate application

Secretarial Service:

  • We can act as the named Company Secretary for your Company.
  • Companies Registry Compliance Alert & Reminders
  • Named Company Secretary registered with Companies Registry for 12 months
  • Preparation and filing of Annual Return

Share Capital

The new Companies Ordinance abolished the par value concept and adopts a system of no-par value for shares which applies to all shares of Hong Kong incorporated companies. The Share Capital can be issued in any major currency.

Hong Kong Registered Office

A Registered Office must be maintained in Hong Kong for your company, where the correspondence from the Hong Kong Government can be served.

The Registered Office is used for receiving mail and correspondence from the government authorities. If the office address is used as the business correspondence such as receiving mails from the business associates, customers, banks, etc, a service fee for virtual office and mail forwarding will be incurred.

Hong Kong Company Tax

Only profits whose source is Hong Kong can be taxed, profits sourced elsewhere are not subject to Hong Kong tax. If your company earned its income entirely outside Hong Kong, it can declare and claim offshore income to the Inland Revenue Dept HK.

The location where a company’s activities take place is the key to whether a company’s profits are taxable in Hong Kong.

As an example a Hong Kong trading company would not be subject to Hong Kong taxes if

(a) The company has no physical operating office in Hong Kong (it is possible to use our virtual office service for receipt of bank statements and business mail and the company would not be viewed as operating in Hong Kong)

(b) The company has no staff resident in Hong Kong and its overseas staff rarely visit Hong Kong

(c) The company has an overseas office in which the company’s staff are working

(d) The company negotiates and signs contracts with its customers and suppliers outside of Hong Kong

(e) The company has no customers based in Hong Kong and does not receive payments from customers Hong Kong bank accounts

(f) The company has no suppliers based in Hong Kong and does not make payment to suppliers Hong Kong bank accounts

(g) The company’s products do not enter Hong Kong

If a Hong Kong company satisfies the above conditions it is able to apply for the Offshore Profits Tax Exemption when filing its annual Profits Tax Return.