Delaware Certificate of Good Standing – Certificate of Existence
A Delaware Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Existence is issued by the Division of Corporations at the Delaware Secretary of State. The Certificate of Good Standing confirms your company is in compliance with State filings and statutory requirements in Delaware. A Certificate of Good Standing is sometimes required in order for your Delaware company to register to do business in other States, within the USA.
Division of Corporations
401 Federal Street in Dover
Delaware Certificate of Good Standing fees
- Certificate of Good Standing: US$305 – £220
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled: US$520 – £375
- Company Search Report: US$150 – £115
- Expedite fee: US$85 – £60
Timescale to obtain a DE Certificate of Good Standing
- Standard: 4 – 6 days
- Expedited: 2 – 3 days
The Certificate includes the following:
- Registered Company Name
- Date of Incorporation
- Business Type – LLC or Corporation
- Company File Number
- State Seal of Delaware
- Good Standing Status at the time the certificate is issued
- Proves your entity exists and is in compliance with Delaware State requirements
- The Certificate of Good Standing Authentication Number to validate
- It confirms that the company has a legal corporate existence and its records are up to date
- That the company is not in liquidation or involved in a merger
- The certificate is provided from the Delaware Division of Corporations with an official seal and stamp, and with a Delaware Secretary of State administrator’s signature.
Validate Certificate of Good Standing
The Delaware Division of Corporations now has online validation and verification for Certificates of Good Standing that have been generated. You require the entity file number and your authentication number from the certificate for validation, a certificate can only be validated for 1 year from the issue date.
Delaware Certificate of Good Standing example
Delaware Company Search Report
In addition to the Good Standing Certificate we can provide a company search report which is a summary of the latest information on the company held by the Delaware Division of Corporations.
Company Not in Good Standing – Company Reinstatement
If your Delaware company owes franchise taxes in the State, they must be paid in full before the Certificate of Good Standing can be issued. Delaware companies that are not in Good Standing risk being dissolved or revoked by the State. Where the company is not in Good Standing and a Certificate of Good Standing cannot be issued, a search report is instead provided with the current company status at the Delaware Division of Corporations.
Apostilled Certificate of Good Standing
The Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations also provides authentication of Delaware public officials’ signatures on Certificates of Good Standing for used outside the United States. The Apostille is added by the Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations to the Certificate of Good Standing.
Order a Delaware Certificate of Good Standing
When your order is placed for a Delaware Certificate of Good Standing, we check the status of the company with the Delaware Secretary of State, Division of Corporations. Once the Certificate of Good Standing has been prepared by the Secretary of State we get a scanned copy emailed through and the original couriered.