Canada Company Formations
A Canadian Corporation can be either:
- Federal – operates across most of Canada
- Provincial – operates in only one Province
Canada Companies Registry – Federal Corporate Registry
C.D. Howe Building
235 Queen Street
Ontario K1A 0H5
|Canada Company Incorporation fees||Canada Annual Compliance fees|
|Company Formation: £1940||Registered Office and Resident Agent: £1000|
|Registered Office and Resident Agent: £1000||Company Secretary recommended: £450|
|Government fee: $352||Government fee: $352|
|Company Secretary recommended: £450||Corporate Maintenance: £220|
|Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance: £180|
|Compliance fee: £200|
Company Key Points
- Time – 2-3 weeks to incorporate your Canadian company
- Directors – only 1 director is necessary for your company
- Shareholders – only 1 shareholder is required
- Share Capital – the minimum share capital requirement is CA$1
- Provision of Registered Office and Resident Agent – your company requires a registered office and registered agent, which we provide
- Support – using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
Incorporation in Canada
Our Federal Company incorporation package includes:
- NUANS Name Search Report of your proposed corporate name
- Preparation and filing of Articles of Incorporation
- Provincial Government filing Fee
- Electronic filing of the incorporation documents
- Minute Book with Registers & Ledgers
- Shares Certificates
- Shareholder ledgers for each shareholder
- Preparation of Corporate Bylaws which sets out the organisation of the Corporation
- Preparation of the Register of Directors, Register of Shareholders, Register of Officers and the Stock Transfer Register
- Preparation of Organisational Minutes – covering the election of directors and officers, issuing shares, the form of share certificates and fixing the number of directors
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
Your company name must have two elements:
- A distinctive element, being the main identifier of the company name
- A descriptive element, which describes the nature or activity of the company
You may also choose to have a Numbered Corporation, where the company’s legal name is the company number.
Your company name should distinguish your business and not cause confusion with any existing name.
Your company’s name must end with Corporation, Incorporated, Limited, Limitée, Corp., Inc., Ltd.
- Must appoint a President and a Secretary
- An officer can hold several positions (i.e. be President, Secretary and the Treasurer)
- There are no Canadian residency requirement for officers
Your company’s minimum authorised share capital is CA$1 and there is no limit on the number of shares that your company can issue.
Registered Agent and Registered Office in Canada
Your company requires a registered office, to be the official address for the government authorities.
Provincial Canadian Corporation
When you incorporate in one Canadian province, your corporation will only have the right to carry out business within that province and your corporation’s name is protected there.
The provinces of British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec allow non-Canadian residents to incorporate companies
Non-Resident Company Formation in Canada
- No visit to Canada required
- Only one director is required, there are no residency requirements
- One person can be the sole shareholder, President, Secretary and the Treasurer
- Share capital – CA$1
- Registered Office provided a year
Once incorporated we provide a set of corporate documents for your Canadian company which, includes the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association the Articles of Association, Minutes and Share Certificates. Copies of the company incorporation documents are sent via email and the originals from the companies registry are sent to you in a corporate folder.
Canada Ready Made Company
Our ready made companies in Canada are complete with all documents, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Certificate of Incorporation and are authorised to commence trading immediately after purchase.
We have the several aged federal and provincial shelf corporations available, most of the federal shelf corporations have extra provincial registered in Ontario.
- No debts or liabilities
- Fully organised minute books
- Up-to-date resolutions
- Annually filed with government
- Is in Good Standing
- Have never been in default or revoked
|April 2011||British Columbia||£9,000|
|April 2009||British Columbia||£11,000|
Canada – Non-Resident Company Formation
The provinces of British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec allow non-Canadian residents to incorporate corporations.
After incorporation, your company may register as an Extra-Provincial Corporation in the other provinces that have Canadian-resident requirements.
Registered Office for your company
- The registered office of a company is the official address supplied to the relevant government authority.
- Generally is the principal place of business of the company but does not have to be an office.
- System Day can provide a registered office in Canada for you
Shareholders & Directors of your company
- Your company must have between 1 and 50 shareholders.
- Every company must have at least one director.
- There are no Canadian residency requirements for directors in the provinces we incorporate in.
Officers for your company
- A company must appoint a President and a Secretary.
- An officer can hold several positions. (i.e. be the President, Secretary and the Treasurer