Canada Company Documents
Canada Company Document examples
As incorporation agents our experience with the company registry in Canada means, we can obtain copies of company documents from the companies registry. A Canadian company report includes details of the company, confirms its status and provides the latest filed company information.
Canada Companies Registry – Federal Corporate Registry
C.D. Howe Building
235 Queen Street
Ontario K1A 0H5
The Canada Federal Corporate Registry is responsible for compliance activities under the federal laws governing corporations in Canada.
Canada Company Document fees
- Company Search Report: £140
- Company Credit Report: £160
- Certificate of Good Standing Registry Certified: £300
- Certificate of Good Standing Apostilled: £450
- Certificate of Incorporation Registry Certified: £300
- Expedite fee: £75
Canada Company Document Timescales
- Standard: 4 – 6 days
- Expedited: 2 – 3 days
- Apostilled: 8 – 10 days
Canada Company Search Report
Our Canada company search reports include the current registered information on a company.
A company search report includes:
- Corporation Name
- Corporation Name changes and history – including where applicable date effective from
- Amalgamation details – where applicable including amalgamation date, amalgamating corporations, corporation/ company numbers
- Company Registration Number/ Corporation Number
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Type – Ontario Business Corporation
- Corporation status – Active, in liquidation
- Former Jurisdiction – where applicable
- Name of the Registered Agent
- Registered Office Address
- Company Mailing Address
- Historical Status Information
- Share Capital
- Objects/ Business Activities
- Ownership/ management of the company where available including:
Details on each Director where available including:
- Director – Full name/ Corporation Name
- Director – Date began
- Director – Full address
- Director – Confirmation if Canadian resident
Details on each Officer of the company where available including:
- Officer – Full name/ Corporation Name
- Officer – Date began
- Officer – Full address
- Officer – Officer type – secretary, chief financial officer, chief executive office, president
- Officer – Confirmation if Canadian resident
Additional details including:
- List of the documents filed with Registry by the company – including document type, form number, act/code number, date filed, if filed electronically and any additional comments
- Latest Annual Return – The company has to file an annual return each year, no other filings are required unless the corporation is making changes or cancelling the corporation
British Columbia Company Search
We can provide a Company search on a corporation registered in the Province of British Columbia from the Corporate Registry.
Information about shareholders does not form part of the incorporation record filed with the British Columbia Corporate Registry, the registered office of the company would hold this information.
Canada Certificate of Incorporation
The Certificate of Incorporation is an official document issued by the Federal Corporations Directorate and includes the Canadian company name, company registration number and incorporation date. We can supply a copy of the original Certificate Incorporation for any company registered in Canada.
Canada Certificate of Good Standing – Certificate of Status – Attestation du Statut Juridique
We can supply a Canada Certificate of Good Standing/ Certificate of Status issued from the relevant Canadian provincial body confirming the legal status of the Canadian Corporation. The Canada Certificate of Good standing includes:
- Corporation’s name
- Corporation number
- Incorporation Date & province incorporated in
- Corporate Access Number
- Current status – will certify if the Canadian company is not dissolved and in Good Standing with the authorities
- In some Canadian provinces the Certificate is provided in French and English
The certificate is only provided from the Canadian Registrar of Companies as an electronic document only.
Canada Company Documents
We can provide copies of other official filed documents can be obtained for you from the Federal Corporations Directorate. This includes copies of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles / Statutes
Establishing the existence of a Canadian company and obtaining copies of official company documents held at the Federal Corporations Directorate may be required for:
- Due diligence – confirmation of the company’s existence
- Legal requirements – certified company documents
Canada Financial Statements
A company is required to compile financial statements annually to include a balance sheet, an income statements, cash flow statements and accompanying notes.
Although financial statements must be prepared, for private companies there is no requirement to file these statements with the Canadian authorities.
Other information available for public inspection includes the basic company and incorporation documents such as Memorandum and Articles of Association and shareholder and director registers are available for public inspection.
Canadian Company Annual Return
All Canadian companies are required to file an annual return within 60 days of the incorporation anniversary date.
If the Annual Return is not filed on time the company will be marked as ‘overdue’ in governmental records and will not be eligible for a Certificate of Compliance, this includes if the Annual Return is not filed within one year, if the filing fee is not paid or if the return submitted is incomplete.
Order Canada Company Documents
We are able to conduct Canada company searches and obtain copies of Canada company documents. Canada Company documents are ordered from the Companies Registry and are electronically certified and delivered by email. Apostilled Canada company documents are delivered by courier.