Belize Company Formation
The most popular form of incorporation in Belize is the International Business Company (IBC) which is similar to the Limited Liability Company in the UK.
An IBC may conduct business anywhere in the world outside of Belize.
All IBCs incorporated under the Belize International Companies Act have high levels of confidentiality as the name and details of company Directors and Shareholders are not held on public record.
|Belize Company Incorporation fees||Belize Annual Compliance fees|
|Company Formation: £580||Registered Office and Resident Agent: £520|
|Registered Office and Resident Agent: £520||Company Secretary: £400|
|Company Secretary recommended: £400||Government Renewal fee share capital up to: US$50,000 – US$250|
|Government fee: US$250||Tax Return Filing fee: £400|
|Tax Identification Number – TIN – £350||Economic Substance filing: £480|
|Shareholder & Directors Register Maintenance: £180|
|Compliance fee: £200|
|Annual Return filing fee: £350|
Annual Renewal Service
Provision of a Belize Registered Office
- Compliance with local domicile requirements
- Payment of Government Fees
- Maintaining Statutory Records
- Maintenance of Shareholder Register
- Maintenance of Director Register
- Statutory Due-Diligence
- Ensuring that your company is kept in Good Standing through payment of the annual government fee and filing of annual documents
- Your company is required to pay an annual government licence fee, every year to maintain your company’s good standing
- Renewals fall due for all services on 01 January each year regardless of the date of incorporation
Belize International Business Company (IBC) Registration
Once we have received all the necessary due diligence documents the Memorandum and Articles of Association are prepared for your IBC. These documents along with the other incorporation documents are filed with the Belize International Business Companies Registry by our Belize Agent for approval. The Registrar will approve the documentation and issue a Certificate of Incorporation which certifies the IBC is fully registered and incorporated in Belize.
- Reserving your Company Name
- Prepare your Company Registration Forms
- Standard Government Registration Duty
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Articles
- Share Certificates
- All documents and certificates supplied in a professional folder
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL courier
- Provision of the Registered Office & Belize Registered Agent
- Compliance with local domicile requirements
Features of a Belize IBC
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association are the only documents to be held on the public record
- The Shareholders and Directors are not a part of the public record
- No requirement for an Annual General Meeting to be held in Belize
- Low cost incorporation
- A Belize Registered Agent and a Belize Registered Office are supplied
- Shares may be issued with or without par value and in any currency
- Annual Government fee is only $150 when the authorised share capital is $50,000 or less
- No minimum capital requirement
- No need for annual returns
- No requirement for an Annual General Meeting
Documents and Information
To start the incorporation of your company in Belize we require the following:
- The proposed Company Name
- Name and address of the Directors
- Name and address of the Shareholders
- Proposed company activities
- A company name check will be carried out free of charge to see if a required name is available
The word Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Society Anonyme, Sociedad Anónima, Aktiengesellschaft or an abbreviation thereof, must be part of the Company Name.
Belize Company Directors
Only one director is required for your Belize IBC. The directors identity does not appear on public record.
Belize Company Shareholders
Only one shareholder is required either an individual or corporate entity.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
- There is no minimum Share Capital required
- Share Capital may be expressed in any currency
- Your IBC may issue as few or as many shares as it deems desirable
- The standard share capital is US $50,000
- Although the share capital for a Belize IBC is US$50,000 only one share needs to be issued, and may be in any currency.
Registered Office and Registered Agent
We provide a Licensed Belize Registered Agent and Registered Office in Belize.
Tax Identification Number – TIN
All Belize companies must have a Belize Tax Identification Number or a TIN number for taxes paid in other countries by the Belize company.
Belize Annual Compliance
In line with the Anti-Money Laundering regulations, we complete compliance checks and update the records held at the registered office, to ensure your Belize company meets its regulatory obligations and remains in Good Standing.
We conduct annual reviews to ensure that the due diligence documentation held on your company file is up to date.
The fee covers the additional time spent monitoring Know Your Client for the company directors, shareholders and other connected entities, in addition to general matters concerning corporate governance and regulatory updates.
Our annual compliance fee is based on a Belize company with standard Share Capital, two directors and two shareholders. If your company has a higher Share Capital or additional directors or shareholders, there will be additional compliance charges.
Shareholder & Directors Maintenance
Under the Companies Act, we need to ensure your company registers, including the directors register and shareholder register are maintained. An updated copy of the Directors register is held at the Belize registered office of your company.
If there are changes to the Company Directors of your company, we will need to get updated due diligence records and file an updated directors register with the Companies Registry.