Anguilla Companies Act C65 – Company Law
The Anguilla Companies Act C65 is the official legislation of the rules and regulations of an IBC incorporated in Anguilla. You will find below the key extracts from the Anguilla Companies Act C65 act along with the full act.
The word “Limited”, “Corporation” or “Incorporated” or the abbreviation “Ltd.” or “Corp.” or “Inc.” shall be the last part of the name of every company name.
In the case of a private company the words or abbreviations specified may be used in the name of the company in place of one of the words or abbreviations.
- “Sendirian Berhad” or the abbreviation “Sdn Bhd”
- “Société à Responsabilité Limitée” or the abbreviation “SARL”
- “Sociedad Anonima” or the abbreviation “S.A.”
- “Besloten Vennootschap” or the abbreviation “B.V.”
- “Gesellschaft mit beschrankter Haftung” or the abbreviation “GmbH”
- “Naamloze Vennootschap” or the abbreviation “NV”
Registered Office and Registered Agent
A company shall at all times have a Registered Office in Anguilla and the company may change the location of its registered office by filing a notice with the Registrar.
Articles of Incorporation
Articles of Incorporation of a company shall set out:
- Its proposed company name
- The address and mailing address of the registered office of the company and the name and address of its first registered agent
- whether the company is limited by shares or guarantee
Directors & Shareholders
A company must have at least 1 director but a public company shall have no fewer than 3 directors, at least 2 of whom are not officers or employees of the company or any of its affiliates.
The minimum requirement for an Anguillan Offshore Company is one shareholder who may also be a director.
Shares in a company are to be without nominal or par value and bearer shares are not permitted.
Where a company is restored to the Register, the Court on the application of the Registrar, the company may give such directions necessary for the purpose of placing the company in the same position as if the company had not been dissolved.